6/6/09

Sleep? What is that?
















As I write this, I reflect on all of my blessings. My guys are both sleeping peacefully, as is Roxy the loyal boxer. Blake is in his diaper with his arms straight out to the sides and his legs in a strange plie ...(ballet) position. He sleeps best swaddled, but it has been way too hot to swaddle him lately, even with a thin blanket. So unfortunately he flails around waking himself up most of the time. As for me, I guess I am adjusted fully to a major sleep defecit, and therefore I don't need to go to bed for awhile yet. We just learned that we will be able to visit family this summer back home in NY and while we don't have dates or details, I am SO thankful to be able to see everyone and finally have Blake meet his family. Thus far he has only met my Mom and Steves parents. I have been praying that we could make it home for a visit for awhile now, and God is faithful! It will be six months since we have been home, and the longest either of us has been away. At the end of my pregnancy I was not allowed to fly after 36 weeks, and we could not fly with a newborn either. So it took time, but finally we will be home. I cannot wait for Family, Friends, Lime Lake!!! and Buffalo food! I am going to eat a zillion Sahlens hotdogs, with Webers mustard, and Loganberry. I am going to Duffs for chicken wings and Teds.. and Andersons... I can't wait! When I was pregnant I was desperate... I tell you desperate for Buffalo food. I kid you not, Steve came home from work one day to find me on the brink of tears because I wanted a Broadway Market Polish Sausage SO badly. So, I did what any girl would do.. I turned to the internet where I found Buffalo Foods.com. I put sausage, and sahlens in my virtual cart.. and some bison french onion dip for good measure... I put in my credit card info.. and came SO close to clicking purchase...now mind you this was an overnight delivery of cold food, so it was going to cost about $70.00. Yes for one lb of hotdogs, one lb of sausage and a tub of onion dip. To me, it was worth it. Good thing he walked through that door when he did.. I got distracted and forgot about my purchases. When i revisted the computer, I decided it was a foolish expenditure, and cancelled the order. Alas, my cravings did not subside, and next trip home, I had a huge pack of frozen Sahlen's HOtdogs in my checked baggage! As well as a tub of French Onion Dip on ice in my carry on! (thanks mom!)
Wow, I was crazy when I was pregnant. Steve often reminds me of the night I sent him to the store for Baby carrots, watermelon, bubble bath, and and Michelina's frozen pepper steak and rice. Well he couldn't get the pepper steak and rice, so he bought EVERY other kind of Michelina's frozen meal (about 12 ) ... What a guy...Well it is 11 o'clock, Time to turn in. Good night to all!

2 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate to your food cravings - I was not pregnant and I still craved certain Polish dishes. Every single time I go to visit my parents I come back with a huge selection of different food items :)
    And now I feel like Whidbey Island ice cream..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, Magda, I guess that is the only bad thing about being an avid traveler! you learn what you are missing!

    ReplyDelete