6/10/09

No prayer is too small ...


This blog will be about a few different things, I will start with the cute stuff! I was reading in Parent's magazine the different reasons your child likes peek a boo, depending on age (and perception). It said not to bother playing before six months, because your child wouldn't get it. Well that is a lie, .. I take that back. It is probably true, but Blake is pretty advanced ;) I was playing peek a boo with him the other day and he was so cute he giggled everytime i uncovered my eyes and yelled (way too over cheerfully and in a super high pitched voice) "PEEK A BOO". The more he giggled, the louder and more obnoxious I got..haha I can't wait to get out in public and do that. So i am going to continue playing with my peek a boo prodigy on a daily basis, because no hand game is too challenging for him!
The next point has a lot to do with my title. Today I went to school to sell back textbooks. Two were small soft cover ones, and one was an old art book, and I had it for two quarters, so I was pretty sure it was out of date. Well, I put Blake in his baby b'jorn and we walked through the sunshine on the campus that is nested right in a small bay. It was beautiful, with roses blooming and goldfish swimming around a small pond. As I walked I said "Dear Lord, please bless this book buyback". I don't know why I thought to pray that, but the bible says "you have not because you ask not". I went to the room, and met a cheerful lady who scanned the first two books.. ten dollars for the first. Thirty three for the second (WOOHOO) and then, she said "I don't think we are taking this art book back". I was disappointed but glad for my forty-ish bucks. Then. she hesitated and scanned it. "Oh I guess we are!" she exclaimed. I can give you $98.00 total. I nearly jumped up and down! These books were just sitting on a shelf in my living room collecting dust! On the way back to the car, I thanked God for blessing me through my old garbage, and I felt so happy, so cheerful, so hopeful. I just wanted to skip. I probably would have, or even pranced, but with Blake in his carrier, I didn't want to give him shaken baby syndrome. Well I am off to catch a few zzzzz's, while Blake is asleep. A shoutout to my mom who is probably the only one who reads this blog. I love you mom!!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. ~Honoré de Balzac

My mother is a poem
I'll never be able to write,
though everything I write
is a poem to my mother.
~Sharon Doubiago


I guess just becoming a mother has given me a whole new appreciation for my own mother. She went to college to get her master's degree with a baby, and made straight A's! Securing a life for herself and I, teaching me about my heavenly I father, and always having a heart full of love! If you ask her, she would say I really didn't have bad diapers. I really didn't fuss much, I slept through the night right away. I only cried when I was teething, because poor me.. I was being tortured with pain. She would tell you that I never got on her nerves, or never made her tired. She would say that I am the most beautiful girl in the world, and the smartest to boot. A mother always knows what to say, how to give confidence, and how to be approachable. I hope that I can be all this for Blake!

2 comments:

  1. Your mom's not the only one who read this. I read it too :-). And I think you are already a great mother to Blake! I'm happy that you got money back for your books too!

    ReplyDelete