6/8/09

My Life is Poopy, but I Wouldn't have it any other way!

I regret to say that this post is literally about poop. Yes, I never thought I would be so crude as to discuss it, but when it accompanies a Blake story..its a must tell. Today I was doing beach body abs in my living room. I am determined to have a Pam Anderson body for when I get back to NY. Ok ok, not Pam Anderson.. maybe Heidi Klum. Yes. Heidi Klum. I mean I already have a super beach bod. "Body By Baby-the Beach version". Ok I am lying a little bit. I mean I try super hard. I run about once a week, do situps maybe two days a week. I eat ice cream every night before bed, and I ate two brownies tonight. So when i come home i do not want to hear one comment like "oh you look great for just having had a baby" or..."oh no stretch marks, thats great! now all you have to do is tone!". No folks, I produced a CHILD, i get a little slack. Try getting five hours of sleep a night, and then tell me that Billy Blanks is calling YOUR name with his Tae Bo. Anyhow, back to my workout- I barricaded the dog away from me with the coffee table, in an attempt to protect myself from her tongue. (She thinks work out time, is wrestle time). Blake was cooing away on the floor next to me, and I was burning the ab's with Marco or Stavros, or some other greek god wannabe. Whoever Marco Stavros is.. he has big arms. I mean I never saw his abs, for all i know they were flab city, and the whole 13 minutes was a wasted of my time. Anyways, I was crunching and twisting and planking for a whole 13 minutes when I realized that I should be playing with my son. So I scooped him up and he smiled away as I told him how much mommy loves him and did anything I could to make him laugh. (he didn't) . So, I heard the dreaded ..ahem..noises that signal a diaper change. I was changing him when I felt something wet on the top of my leg. Now when I say leg, i mean UPPER leg. I was wearing super super short pj shorts to do my workout, and for all intents and purposes, my legs were totally exposed. I felt down and got something slimey on my hand... i looked down in horror to find.. yes.. Blake had pooped on me. Now remember, these are SHORT shorts.. and I won't bore you with the gory details.. but lets just say it was too close for comfort. But, Blake was smiling away in his animal onesie with his little naked butt all clean, and me wearing the fruits of his labor. It just made me laugh. A year ago, I was worried about chipped nailpolish. Now, I am just glad for poop free days!
On a very adorable note, I was at my friend Jen's for Bible Study tonight. She has the most well behaved adorable children ever and they are extra adorable. One of the middle boys was smiling at Blake when we left. He is about 8, he looked up at Steve and I, smiled a semi-toothed grin and said "you made a beautiful baby". That MELTED my heart! What wisdom from the mouth of babes! As poopy, burpy and tearful as any day can be...it is still so joyous because of our beautiful little boy. Thank you Lord for the little joys in each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment