9/24/10

The Journey..


It seems like I haven't blogged in such a long time. I enjoy blogging to make people laugh, and to share fun anecdotes but lately, the fun times have been few and far between. As we prepare to transition out of the navy, I am learning just how resilient I truly am. I cannot believe the amount of stress and frustration we have been dealing with. First and foremost we have our health, and we have a loving and supportive family. For those things I am grateful. The Lord has taken care of us always, and through the most recent fiascos, he still is. People keep asking me "Whats wrong" ? So many things keep going wrong, I can't even remember them all!
1. Chance at a tennis ball, which nearly killed him, and cost more money than you want to know.
2. Both dogs got worms (TMI i know!)
3. I began having chronic wrist pain requiring the use of a splint all the time, (try changing a gross diaper in that!)
4. Roxy knocked the laptop on the floor nicking the finish.
5.I threw the laptop across the dining room making the top sit funny and it doesn't close quite right
6. My brand new expensive front loaders make my clothes stink, but i cant find mildew anywhere!
7. Blake busted red nailpolish all over my master bath, and bedroom carpet.
8. Roxy threw up and (....) all over the livingroom, staining the carpet.
9. Roxy chewed up the blinds. Three sets of expensive blinds.
10. Blake is cutting two teeth, and is very upset by it!
11. I got a flat tire that could not be repaired.
12. A dear friend from Whidbey passed away after a long and grueling battle with many health problems.

You know, now that I look at all that, it doesn't look as bad. Yes it is all bad, but through it all I am working on being faithful. I haven't even counted the times I have forced myself to sing "This is the day the Lord has made, I WILL rejoice and be glad in it", through my tears.
So in the spirit of faith and my journey, I will return to blogging. I have also started the study "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. It is a study about release from bondage of any sort, whether you call it bondage, baggage, or crap.... we all have it, do you want to get rid of it?
I am very excited and have been diligently working on it.
"A Christian is held captive by anything that hinders the abundant and effective Spirit - filled life that God planned for her" - Beth Moore
Well let me tell you friends, I am sick of being afraid. Fear has always been my bondage. Not butterflies, but full on terror. No more, I am giving it to God. I AM DONE!
Getting out of the Navy is the scariest thing I have faced in awhile, because we are safe in our little bubble of paychecks and healthcare, a house, 2 cars, and an island full of wonderful friends. We are so blessed to go home to loving families, but the fear of employment, unemployment, and not being able to make ends meet would have been enough to throw me for a loop two years ago. Now, I know that the Lord will provide. As my very wise mother says "XYZ... is not my provider, God is my provider".
The United States Government is not my provider.
Navy Federal Bank is not my provider.
My debit card is not my provier...
God is. And he will.

2 comments: