11/11/09

Happy Veterans Day!

Steve had off of work today, so we got to spend some family time together and it was awesome. First of all *snaps* for Blake (if you don't know what this means you better go watch Legally Blonde 2 again!). He slept from 8:30 pm-5 am!!! It was wonderful! Unfortunately he was up at six thirty, then up for his day at 7:55. He seems to have trouble getting back to sleep in the mornings. But I just bring him to bed with me, he likes to cuddle. I mean I don't . No siree, no cuddling here. If there is one think I like, its kickboxing. Or maybe Karate. I am not a snuggler ;) We got up and let Daddy sleep in since he always lets me sleep in on Saturdays and Sundays! We got all ready to go to story time. Steve could not WAIT to sing "The Grand Ol Duke of York" (ok I am exaggerating). I put Blake in his cute little gap onesie, and his socks even matched each other AND his outfit ( I know I am seriously supermom). I am telling you its like the mom olympics. It is such a challenge to put myself and him together. And mornings when I have on makeup, a cute outfit, and my hair done. You better believe Blake's socks don't match. He is wearing a onesie for the wrong holiday, and his hair is sticking up. No, its not that bad. But mornings when we both look put together..phew let me tell you I feel like i have just achieved ultimate mother-ness. So the three of us went out the door in our Wednesday finest.. to the library. We pull in to a completely empty parking lot. Not one car. DUH! Veterans Day! I wish someone would have told Miss Teresa that she is a librarian, not a Veteran. And furthermore If I have to live 3,000 darned miles from home that library better be giving me my story time once a week, for a full hour and not one minute less. I was slightly bummed, but we decided to head to La Conner. We walked around the stores, and drooled over antique furniture that costs more than my first car did. Steve even encouraged me to look in the knitting store :) ! Blake was such a trooper. He was in his baby B'jorn and smiled at everyone who looked at him, and even some people who didn't! He giggled at old ladies, and smiled sweetly at old men. We found La Conner Brewing company and went in for lunch. Best lunch I have had in SUCH a long time. I asked what kind of clam chowder they had? After all, I am a connoisseur - I worked at Bob's Clam Stand for like three summers! "New England or Manhattan....." I proposed. The waitress looked at me and barked "the white!". Ugh, west coasters, where is the class. I didn't ask what color it was! So I got 'the white' , it was so good, it had fresh dill minced over the top. I LOVE dill. Almost as much as I like Kickboxing. hhahaha. And I got a chicken, pesto, artichoke panini. MMM! Blake got chicken and rice, made a la Gerber. And a side of green beans. He was so well behaved and quiet, we had a great lunch. After that I had to change him. Would you think they could put a changing station in a Brewpub? Nooooooo. He was falling into the sink as I wrestled with him to get his diaper off. All while singing cheerily "who is a pee pee pants??" in hopes of getting his attention. I could not keep his attention however as he was truly fascinated by the faucet. Thank the Lord I am more coordinated than he is, probably not for long though.
We headed off to Burlington to exchange Blake's dinosaur pajamas for the 9 month ones, and then back home. What a fun filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment