11/5/09

Busy day in the neighborhood

Living on Whidbey Island really gets more interesting everyday. I am starting to see why people retire here. Well sort of. I recently started seeing pheasants all over the base.(haha spell check just tried to turn that into peasants.) I have been seeing peasants all over the base! LOL Anyhow, I hate birds. I still really do. But it was like 5% cool to see it. Then tonight I saw two deer on my way home from Safeway. They were right next to the road. I also saw to drunk staggering down the street today, and yelling at my car as I drove past. They were brown baggin it. Oh Oak Harbor, you're so classy.
Today Blake and I had MOPS. He did great in the nursery, and I made the most spectacular cardboard and paper photo album you ever did see! Really, you can just call me Martha. Ok ok, I had a lot of help, and detailed instructions. But still, it was super fun, and as Meredith, my table leader told me. I WAS a crafting apprentice, but NOW I am a craft MASTER!! Yes!
Blake and Daddy had fun tonight while I went to starbucks to meet with a friend. We had some good fellowship and then I headed off to Safeway. It was very luxurious (albeit lonely) to shop alone. I too my time fondling the pomegranates. Hmm...no thats not right. I mean choosing a pomegranate. I was intrigued by the 'buy one get one free', but later disgusted by the fact that they cost four dollars a piece. What a scam. I can go to the commissary and get one half as fresh for a quarter of the price! yum! The privileges of being a military wife!
So in Safeway, I cruised the baby food, leisurely choosing the best flavors and cuisine for Blake. Ham and gravy.. mmmm...green beans...mmm. and the piece de resistance - ground chicken, and corn starch and water! Aka "chicken dinner". Alas, I missed my boys too much and headed home. Haha, i just had a type-o and accidentally typed "headed homo". No, I am very much straight. No worries.
Tomorrow Blake and I are off to explore Anacortes with our friend Brandi. Let's see what other adventures this state holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment