9/6/09

Time for an update

I have been the worst blogger ever lately. I cannot even remember the last time I blogged. Oh well, lots of catch up. We moved into a new house. Totally awesome right? Yes, moving with a five month old is a blast. I recommend everyone do it. If possible, make sure you only attempt packing while he is teething hardcore. Provides motivational music! This mama has signed up for yoga in an attempt to stay flexible. (ok get flexible) and stay calm. I am thinking there is something to this "take care of yourself..." stuff. Not that I am not calm.. oh no.. moving a household, being a first time mom, and living 3,000 miles from home all makes for one calm girl. Hah! Ohhh, I have really become a domestic diva. I cannot tell you the joy I am deriving from my new frigidaire washer and dryer. They are front loading, digital screen, eight million settings, and best of all... they make my clothes smell w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l- I am seriously like a laundry junkie now. I wash as many loads a day as I can, depending on how much dirty stuff I can rustle up. Then when the timer beeps at the end of the dryer cycle I race to the laundry room and throw open the dryer door and smell the amazing fresh scent. You people with top loaders have no idea what you are missing. Also in household news, I got a swiffer mop and a swiffer sweeper. If you are aspiring to be a domestic diva like me, you HAVE to get these. I enjoy dirt on my floors. I chase it around with my swiffer, capturing each rouge little dog hair. Then I swiffer wet mop it away with the lovely grape-ish scented liquid. Which I am sure is composed of 58 chemicals that have been suspected of causing cancer in the state of california. se la vie. In mommy news, Blake has been introduced to solids!! Well introduced to mush would be a more accurate description. We had been gearing up for introducing baby food for a few weeks when we decided to wander down the baby aisle at the commissary one evening. Steve got excited about all the bananas, and we decided to give Blake his first bites. As Steve pa-roused the flavors, I got a little choked up thinking of my baby getting big. Then I thought "hmm.. he doesn't need me as much now". Well that did it, the floodgates opened, and lets just say, Steve shuffled me outta there before I drowned the other mothers in the tears of a first time mama. My darling husband said "can i feed him? " "Sure"... then he went on.. "but you can give him his first bite". How sweet is that!! He knew what a big deal it was to me. Anyways, i decided to be camera woman, and daddy did the banana honors. Blake was quite perplexed but took to the spoon right away. He is such a perfectly good boy. He did great. Next up was squash. He was not too keen on that, which is a tragedy, because I ate butternut squash for lunch the other day (yes ..just squash). He was a trooper though, and kept on. Along with introducing solids came.. well..lets just say it was time to introduce prunes. He LOVES prunes. Definitely his favorite! What did I learn from all this.....a diaper of three days worth of prunes for dinner is NOT for the faint of heart! So onto the next intro..Peaches! Yum!
Coming up, we have school starting for Steve and I. Blake and I are going to Mops on Thursdays, and doing bible study mondays. Its a busy fall... and Steve and I are trying to fit in ballroom dance lessons too!! Stay tuned for photos. Dancing with the stars here I come. You can call me Ginger. Its my catholic name. Hahahahaha....

1 comment:

  1. LOL Make sure you wipe that front load washer every time you take a load out and let it dry completely to make sure no mildew gets on the seal ;) LOL I must say I am jealous!! I was front loaders LOL. Thanks for visiting my blog! And yes you are right the sunsets take your breath away and make you realize why its called God's Country b/c never have I experienced sights like the ones I have at home.

    ReplyDelete