3/30/10

Open Mouth, Insert.... Body?



Oh dear. That about sums up this week so far. Thankfully my mom arrives Thursday and she can rescue me from myself. Let me start out by saying the cable guy finally came. Now comcast said that he would arrive between 8-12. So in laypersons terms that means that the lazy bum service man will show up at the latest possible time, just so he can ruin your morning-right? Wrong. I was sitting on the couch in a bleary eyed sleep hangover, Blake was crawling around eating Kix and throwing them all over the living room. Keep reading, let me really draw a clear picture for you. I had makeup smeared around a little bit, from the night before. I was wearing a hot pink T shirt that said "cowgirls do it better" and blue shorts. Blake was in his pj's. And my hair was sticking out in all directions. ( I know, and you thought I just rolled out of bed looking this great, didn't you??). Anyhow, the living room floor was covered in books and mega blocks. You really couldn't even see the floor. But who cares right, I have four hours! I sipped my tea and surveyed the mess, when all of the sudden "DING DONG". The dog started barking furiously. I freaked out. Threw on a bright purple sweatshirt, grabbed the baby (so cable guy wouldn't step on him) and ran to the door. I put on a nonchalant smile like "oh i know, i look so well put together, just the average american mom!" and answered the door. I can honestly tell you the cable man looked horrified. He just kind of looked at me.. and I said "oh I will put the dog out!!" . He nodded. still looking perplexed. I ran back to let him in, then he tracked mud in my house, so now i don't care if i looked like big bird, i was annoyed. Needless to say, he informed me that I would still get a few channels, and that was a blessing because I just want to watch the news. Now you might be thinking that he let me in on this little secret because of my good looks, I can assure you that no.. it was because of my charm.

Then.. i got an email from the command spouse group about a weekend camping trip. Hubby ALWAYS teases me that he will make me go camping and I always say I am not an 'outdoorsy' girl. So I email him back a very dry humor "when is spa weekend? I will sign up. " . I didn't know why he didn't respond.. i thought it was funny. Oh why didn't he respond? Because I sent it to the entire spouse club. NOT my husband. ahhhh open mouth insert foot. Thankfully they are all ladies and can probably appreciate the joke :) off to bed!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I thought it was just me who did stuff like that! Infact, I was with Nick and some friends of his the other day, and I really can't remember what we were talking about, but I said something to the effect of, "Well, it's just the last 6 inches that are causing the problem.I will deal with that later." They all just stared at me like I was nuts! But it was relevant to what we were talking about. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahahahaha!

    thank you for a good laugh this morning. It was just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete