3/28/10

I am back in the saddle!





Well because of the fact that my son is ridiculously cute, I am back in the saddle of blogging. I am hoping to get 4-5 posts up per week to keep all of our family and friends updated, as well as to keep my writing sharp as a tack. Or as dull as a cotton ball... depending on how you look at it. This weekend we had a really great time together, as usual but we spent a lot of time outdoors in the local WA beauty, which was a nice change from hiding from the rain inside. Above are some pictures of our trip to the beautiful tulip fields in Mount Vernon, WA. We went a few weeks ago, (those pictures are in the post below) and most things were not blooming. We also went through the whole
Steve:So where do we go to see the tulips?
Me: I don't know just keep driving til we see flowers.
Steve: Turn here or go straight?
Me: Um either way, I don't know..
Steve: ?????
So this time I was prepared, I went looking for those flowers with guns blazing. I had a color coded map, of which i had the most mature fields circled. I navigated us to Roozengarde's beautiful fields, where we were met with a $4.00 parking sign, then I navigated us back into LaConner to find an ATM, where Steve nearly ran over some avid bikers in uber nerdy spandex (thats a whole 'nother blog). While I am at it, let me just say, I have no respect for bikers who *think* they are cars. No, you giant outstretched arm is not a turn signal, its an arm, and if you don't put it down and get on the sidewalk, i am probably going to run it over , and you will be out one arm. And those outfits? Really? Do you really need to wear neon spandex to ride a bike. They are all like 'oh look at me i am a super rider, i ride with the flow of traffic, i'm just like a car riding down the street'. Except you don't have a MOTOR!! Well you get it, I am not a fan of 'sharing the road' with a bike. Roads are for cars. period. end of story.
(disclaimer, if any of you, my friends are closet nerdy bikers, I still love you, and i will try really hard not to run you over)
Anyhow, we walked all around the fields, I wore khakis and flip flops because really i thought they were lying on the website when it said 'fields are very wet and muddy, dress accordingly'. Oh well, I mean they couldn't possibly be too muddy for my cute get-up right? Wrong. It was like walking on the back of a big dinosaur, the mud was all crackly and springy, it was weird. Like Jurassic Park meets Skagit Valley.
Speaking of Skagit Valley, I am returning to the PRESTIGIOUS Skagit Valley College this week to finish my associates degree. Yes I am sure you are all very impressed. Skagit Valley College is on the list of like 100 best community colleges in the nation. Either way, I am excited to put all my knowledge into a degree, because if you don't already know, I am just bursting at the seams with knowledge. I can tell you the pediatric dosing charts for a 20lb baby taking a motrin/tylenol alternation. I can tell you the way to make a roux, I can tell you Maslows Hierarchy of needs, and I can tell you that this Mama needs to go to bed so that she can greet the cable guy bright and early to unhook the cable. Hahhaha Comcast, you won't be taking advantage of our wallet anymore. No siree, thanks to Hulu, Cbs.com, and the like- We don't need you! Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

  1. "bursting at the seams with knowledge..." arent we all. i wish travis would kill comcast, but thats like wishing for a million bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay hulu! and dont forget netflix with their instant download. Thats how we got all of Christian's kiddie shows when we killed cable.

    ReplyDelete