10/5/09

Have you Ever....

Have you ever woken up to someone whispering at you..pssss...sssssspppp..pssshhhh?
no?
Then you must not be a mama.
Has anyone besides a dentist ever stuck their fingers in your mouth to explore your teeth?
no?
Then you must not be a mama.
Has anyone ever pooped YOUR pants?
no?
Then you must not be a mama.
Has anyone ever thrown up squash on your very expensive mattress?
no?
Then you must not be a mama.
Has anyone ever sneezed green beans all over your best black pants?
no?
Then you must not be a mama.
Has anyone ever wet you, AND Your bed?
no?
Then you must not be a mama.

Has anyone ever taken your heart, and carried it around in their tiny soul?
Yes?
Then you must be a mama.

Dedicated to my precious Blake Rowan, my sidekick, my comic relief, my greatest blessing.
To my mom who tried to explain to me how motherhood felt. NOW, I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment